Why Choose Us?
St. Stephen's strives to inspire a Lifelong Love of Learning!
St. Stephen's Episcopal School is open to students of all faiths and backgrounds and encourages intellectual curiosity, guides each child to think independently, and stimulates the desire for lifelong learning. The faculty recognizes that each child is an individual and gears teaching strategies to ensure that children will experience success at their level of learning. St. Stephen's creates a supportive learning environment that responds to learners' needs through a variety of materials, technology, and methods, including differentiation and flexible grouping. Students are challenged to set higher goals and rise to higher achievement as their individual gifts and talents are discovered and developed.
We believe in and enroll Smaller Classes.
By providing individualized instruction and encouragement our teachers help students to thrive and to develop a lifelong love of learning!
Our curriculum is Well-Rounded & Challenging.
The strong balance between academic approaches and experiential learning creates self-confident students able to solve problems and think creatively.
Our core values promote a Character Building learning environment.
We promote the moral values of respect for self and others, responsibility, integrity, tolerance and compassion.
St. Stephen's Offers:
- Fully accredited PreK3 through 6th Grade
- Individualized instruction in a safe and loving, child-centered community where teachers really know their students
- Small classes and student/teacher ratios
- Traditional core curriculum that utilizes technology to engage students
- iPad program
- Science lab
- Outdoor Education, including the new discovery garden and outdoor classroom
- Inclusive culture that is open to all faiths and backgrounds and promotes challenge, accountability and respect
- Family-centered environment that promotes individual growth, experiential learning and problem solving
- Daily PE
- Fully-equipped gymnasium facility
- Archery program – 2014 State Elementary Archery Team Champions with students qualified for National and World competition
- 52-acre tree-filled campus with nature trail
- Preschool and Lower School specialists in Spanish, Music, Studio Art, and Physical Education
- Studio Art program with original works shown at state and local exhibitions
- Extracurricular programs
- Before and after-school care